Sunday 3 March 2013


Ok so I keep changing my mind!!!! There is no more time really to be thinking of what my inquiry topic should be as we are 3 weeks in, I just am drawn between two.

I am very interested in the topic of how a dancer deals with rejection as I know how it feels and I have many peers who I could relate too and interview etc. I also read many interesting articles on the internet which I enjoyed. But I do want to become a teacher in the future and I feel like maybe the topic of what makes a good teacher may be more relevant to my future and what I am trying to achieve at the moment. I also feel  If I choose the topic of teaching I can go into schools and observe and will be able to use a lot more people for surveys and interviews for my research than if I were to choose the topic of rejection.

Does anybody have any thoughts on my dilemma and could help me make a final decision because both topics I find I could learn a lot from.


xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chelsie, I had the same dilemma as yours, as like you I'm a performer that wants to move into teaching. After much deliberating I based my decision on the fact that I want to gain the skills to be a good teacher and move forward from where I am now. For me part of signing on for this course was to gain the qualifications needed and I saw starting this course as the first part of the journey. Originally I thought about healthy eating and body image, but I knew that I already knew the answer to that question and that it wouldn't personally be a challenge to me. I also thought about the question - do you need to have an agent, but again after reflection I felt this would be a backward step for me if my eventual goal is to teach. Although, we are 3 weeks in, I'm sure that this time is all about researching, exploring and thinking through our questions and I'm sure that many of us will change our questions lots of times before we finally come to the right one for us individually. Hope this helps.
    Betty xx

    ReplyDelete