Thursday 7 March 2013

Small problem?? Or not??

Having spoke to a lot people (even my mum) haha I decided that my inquiry topic of teaching would be more beneficial and relevant to were I see my career going. Although now I have come across a small problem.

I am not actually teaching on a regular basis at the moment. I cover the odd class for an old teacher of mine and the new teaching job I have just got is a long process to begin with as it is set class that follows a ciriculam we have to learn and go through a training process before we are able to teach. This means for the next couple of weeks I won't be actually be teaching myslef. Although, I will be observing classes.

As I am wanting to make the transition between a performer to a teacher and I am wondering if it is possible to carry out my inquiry by more observing and speaking to experienced teachers more than actually teaching myself until I get up and running with my new teaching job.

Any comments would be much appreciated guys!!!!

Xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chelsie,
    Observing teaching styles and talking to teachers about why they use a particular style is a great way of researching your inquiry as you can learn so much from just watching the Student Teacher interaction and the techniques used by the Teacher to give struture, discipline etc., to a lesson Have you joined the SIG set up by Clare especially for Dance Teachers as I think this would be a valuable resource as it gives you access to established Teachers and a wealth of teaching knowledge. I think we are in similar positions, just starting out in the Teaching world and it feels quite daunting.:) Betty x

    ReplyDelete