Wednesday 3 April 2013

5A- Ethics in your work place.

5a- Ethics in your work place/ Professional community which is familiar to you.

In this task we are asked to consider the ethics that might apply in our community of practice relying on our own thoughts wholly.

I am looking at what makes a good teacher so my place of practice will be a class room/studio.
There are many codes of practice in a teaching environment, here are the thoughts that came to my mind without reference to any documents or discussion.

  • I am responsible for the health and safety of each individual child. I must be completely aware of all the hazards in the room and report any problems that may arise.

  • I must be aware were all the fire exits are located and what the procedure is in case of an emergency.

  • Must have a valid CRB check.

  • It is important to treat every child with respect. The language used with the children must be chosen very carefully.

  • I must not share any information about a child with anybody else in/out of the environment I am in. Addresses/ telephone numbers and even information a child/parent may have spoken to me about individually must be kept private.

  • You must not be racist or discriminating towards any child.

  • I must have the correct knowledge and qualifications in the subject area I am teaching.

  • It is important to be dressed appropriately for the classroom and look professional as I will be representing either myself or the company I work for.

No comments:

Post a Comment