Monday 29 April 2013

6B-Pilot interview.

I found this tool very helpful as it was one-to-one based. Although unlike in the focus group there were many different opinions and in the interview only the one voice, sometimes this can be more beneficial. I think it depends entirely on who you use for the inquiry but if someone was quite shy and didn't like speaking out in large groups it would be a better idea to interview this person alone to hear there answers, as they may be more open and honest in that environment.

I think like any of the tools you are going to be using, it is important to plan what you want to gain from what you are doing, (survey, observation interview etc. ) With the interview although I had a set of questions I wanted to ask, as long as I made sure I got them questions answered I did not mind at all that the interview at some points went slightly of track. In fact, as long as you have the time and the person you are interviewing does too, I think it is a good thing as more answers and further research could be discovered. Although I only had time to interview one person for my pilot interview, I believe that interviewing at least 3 people would be more beneficial to get a range of answers that you can then analyse.

As long as the interviewee was ok with a recording device being present I would like to record the interview next time as I found it hard to write down everything they were saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment