Wednesday 17 October 2012

Starting Part 2!!

So now we have moved on to Part 2 of module 1 which is all about reflection. The first task 2a, is to write a Reflective Journal. This journal we keep private. I have two thoughts on this task, one being positive and the other negative. Firstly my positive thought was that as a child I always kept a dairy of what I had done everyday and I really expressed my thoughts and feelings into this dairy so it wasn't something that was uncomfortable for me to do. I even recently worked on a cruise ship and as it was an experience of a lifetime that I never wanted to forget I decided to keep a journal everyday while I was away.  My negative thought to this task and something I would appreciate some feedback about is that at the moment, I don't have a job as a performer as most of you probably experience at some point,  so I feel like I don't know what to write about. I can happily write about what I do everyday and my feelings about this but I work in a bar at the minute so I feel like it is inappropriate to be writting my journal on this, but that is all I really have to write about at this present time.

But then again like I said in one of my very first blogs, there is no right or wrong, so even if for the moment what I am refelcting on isn't what I wish it to be, I will still be completing the tasks and learning about reflection and how this can help me in my professional practice.

And now I am goin to begin reading the next task reader course....

5 comments:

  1. I love your comment about the negative side of the journal. I can completely identify with this as my journal doesn't contain anything exciting apart from things about day to day life teaching! But I am hoping that the tools we learn now can help us when it comes to reflecting in the professional environment and now we can just work on more personal reflection!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Hannah said I wouldn't worry about it, I would reflect on more personal things for now...they probably relate to your professional work more than you realise anyway, like perhaps you're feeling a bit fed up with your bar job and wanting to just dance...or maybe you're enjoying having a break. You could write about how you feel now after your normal day compared to how you would feel whilst working as a dancer maybe?! Just some thoughts..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsie - this is a tricky one - do you keep up to date with Performing Arts ? Do classes yourself? Read related articles? Watch relevant video clips. All of these could feed into to your diary. Also reading others blogs could be something that you could you use for you reflective diary. Clare's comment above is helpful as well. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys your comments have been very helpful to me xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see from your next post that you've found plenty to think about! x

    ReplyDelete